Monday, April 28, 2014

BIG Changes

This week is the beginning of some big changes coming our way.  Today I went in to sign paperwork for my NEW JOB!  Yes, after 3 interviews I was offered an outside sales position at a waste disposal company.  Didn't I look snazzy for my interview?


Of course this is amazing news, but it also means less time with my little sweetheart.   It is a little bitter sweet for me.  I think I am ready though!  It continues to amaze me that it seems as though God's plan for me is unfolding before my very eyes.  I was so sad to have very little maternity leave before I was let go from my previous job, but it was unpaid and so I had to come back at 8 weeks.  Then I got let go and was able to go on unemployment as I searched for a new job and spend time with my baby.  This also just so happened to take place at a time when we got a nice tax return and financially could afford for me to be at home and still pay our bills.
Today he helped me fill out my pre-employment screening.  I start May 12th so I still have 2 more weeks to spend with him and without the stress of worrying about finding a job.

As mentioned last week, this past weekend was our 5 year anniversary!!  My SIL watched the baby so Dick and I could go out for dinner.  We went to a place called Parkside 23 a farm to table restaurant in Brookfield.  The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable and the food was great!

 After we finished we decided to treat ourselves to coffee and dessert!  We stopped at Colectivo for a cheesecake brownie and I had a Honey Latte with Almond Milk!

The next day I ran my first POST BABY 5K.  I didn't get to train as much as I had hoped and by that I mean not at all.  I paid for it!!!  This run had more hills than I think I have ever run and it was very challenging, but I finished with no walking in 32:52.  Not too bad for a new out of shape Momma!  I am really hoping to step up my game and run another in May, but get in better shape!! 
Last I want to share my new hobby!  Woodburning.  

I had a purpose in mind when I ordered my new wood burning kit.  Above was my practice run, but the actual intention was to complete my Memorial I was working on for my Dad.  It turned out beautifully:
This weekend we I had a few of us cousins get together to take the Memorial out to the tree where the accident occurred.  The wood is made from the tree stand.  Sad, but beautiful.  

Anyways, what a busy week!  I've also been sticking to my Paleo diet and hope to do a post dedicated to some of the delicious foods I have been eating.  Stay tuned!


Julie

No comments:

The Chickee La La's

It took us years of discussion to finally pull the trigger on being "Chicken People".  Let me tell you why, our dog Lady has Cock...