Thursday, November 15, 2012

Are you one of those Black Friday people?

Let me start off by saying I am "NOT"!  Oh my gosh if they could make a day that was more miserable sounding than Black Friday I wouldn't believe it.  Crowds of people shopping all at the same time.  Ick!  When I shop I don't want anyone within a 100 foot radius.  Now I love a good deal as much as the next person, but just thinking about that day makes me cringe.  

SO!  I've decided this year that instead of sitting at home twiddling my thumbs and stuffing myself with Thanksgiving leftovers on Black Friday I'm going to go to the store!!!  However, this will not be to shop it will be to RING BELLS!   This is a great way to volunteer and raise money for the Salvation Army for the holidays.  You don't have to spend a lot of time, but it is for a great cause.  There is no hard labor and you can actually have fun doing it!  Also if you are one of those crazy shoppers that go to sleep at noon on Thursday so you can get up at midnight to head out for the deals it doesn't have to be on Black Friday you can do it anytime throughout the holiday season.  Thank about it!

Julie

1 comment:

Lilly said...

YAY for bell ringing! :) My mother is actually a coordinator for our Church / Salvation Army that I grew up in. I hope you have fun and it gets your mind off of things!

The Chickee La La's

It took us years of discussion to finally pull the trigger on being "Chicken People".  Let me tell you why, our dog Lady has Cock...