Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013 + 2012 Wrap Up

Well can you believe it?  2013 here we are.  Looking back at 2012 it is easy to gloss over all the good things that happened and focus on the emotional stress that 3 failed IUI's and overall infertility brought my life, but there were just to many good things that happened in 2012 to do that.  Looking back through my goals and creating new goals for 2013 (will post more about this in a future post) helped me realize that 2012 wasn't as bad is it seemed at times.  To top things off I had an amazing end of the year vacation and holiday season to share with you in pictures.  So let's get started!

December 23, 2012 - My brother and sister-in-law and I participated in the Santa Hustle down by the lake front in Milwaukee, WI.  We had so much fun dressing goofy and seeing all the Santas!


December 24 - 25

Christmas was wonderful this year.  I spent Christmas Eve with my family at my Grandma's house (below are the ornaments we gave to my Grandma) and Christmas day bartending with the Mr.


December 26 - 29, 2012

Over Christmas my Dad asked me if I would be interested in going on a father-daughter fishing trip up in northern Wisconsin complete with a fishing guide.  I had the week off so I thought...why not!?









December 30 - January 1st

Next we made our way back down south to meet up with my brother and his family at my parents cabin.  We have made it a tradition of spending the weekend up there and going out for an all you can eat buffet (complete with crab legs) for New Year's Eve.


We had so much fun!  I am able to go back to work feeling revitalized and ready for the new year!  We begin preparation for IVF on January 15th with our injection class and planning appointment.  I'm so nervous, but also excited.  I need to go into this with a positive attitude!  I'm sure many posts to come, but need to get caught up on life right now.  Happy New Year!

Julie

No comments:

The Chickee La La's

It took us years of discussion to finally pull the trigger on being "Chicken People".  Let me tell you why, our dog Lady has Cock...