Thursday, January 17, 2013

Meds. Are Ordered - IVF Is Getting Very Real

Seriously does everything have to be such an ordeal?  I called to order my IVF meds. yesterday (because we need them NEXT WEEK!) and the first thing that happens is my prescription is messed up.  Originally the doctor's office had sent over the original protocol which included 2 Ovidrel trigger shots, well due to the last minute change that instead we are going to use Lupron that was taken off the prescription completely.  The first thing on the list they were going to start filling and get a quote for was...guess what...Ovidrel...WTF?!

What if I hadn't asked they would have sent the wrong prescription, if I wasn't paying attention I could have gotten all the way to trigger day, had the wrong trigger and some serious problems.  If there is one thing I have learned with IF it is to be diligent and check everything, check and then double check, and then check with someone else just to be sure.  You have to take charge of your own health because the doctors are busy caring for tons of others and mistakes happen frequently.  So after two calls to my doctor and about 4-5 to the pharmacy I "think" things are all set for delivery tomorrow.

Anyways, things are really starting to move and groove and I appreciate all the comments, personal messages and prayers that are being sent my way.

One other thing I wanted to mention is that those cute little mittens I made the other day, I am going to add to my store as a fund raiser.  If you are interested, check out the details here at my Store.

I'm mostly thinking family and friends, but I should be able to work something out for bloggy friends too :)

Julie

No comments:

The Chickee La La's

It took us years of discussion to finally pull the trigger on being "Chicken People".  Let me tell you why, our dog Lady has Cock...