Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Grow Follies Grow!!!


Today's song is brought to you by Jason Aldean :).  This song has made me cry about 100 times in the last 3 years.  If you listen to the entire thing you will know why.  However, this song also makes me hopeful that someday Dick and I can laugh until we cry about this whole ordeal.

So I did my first injections last night!  Let me tell you I was nervous and it took forever.  I wasn't nervous about the actual act of giving the shot, but the mixing and measuring was scary.  A dumb mistake could cause hundreds of dollars so you have to be careful!  The Follistim comes in a vial which you put into the Follistim pen.  Not too big of a deal especially now that it is done.  I only have to change the vial every few days.  The Menopur was kind of a pain.  It comes in two vials and you have to mix them and change needles 3 times.  Overall, not too bad though and not very painful...yet.  By the end of the week I think I will be a professional.  The PIO is what scares me.  I'll explain that more once I am actually taking it.

My first u/s is going to be this Thursday morning.  Until then GROW FOLLIES GROW!

Julie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I this whole drawing up stuff comes natural to me being a pharmacy tech we draw up stuff everyday :) I am more nervous about the injection it self! I can draw up all day, but don't actually like poking myself! Lol we would make a good team! I can draw up and you give!! LOL good luck!

Julie said...

That is funny Julie...I think we would make a good team. Its not so much the poking part that hurts, it is the burn after you inject it. Its not really all that bad though.

The Chickee La La's

It took us years of discussion to finally pull the trigger on being "Chicken People".  Let me tell you why, our dog Lady has Cock...