Saturday, June 13, 2020

Welcome Back



WELCOME I am not even quite sure how to start.  Welcome back to my blog (formerly Julie's Junk Drawer).  I couldn't be more excited to start writing and sharing again.  The past (gulp!) 2 years I dropped off my writing as I pushed through becoming a Mom to 3 and working full time.  I am not kidding you I had been going about a million miles per hour each day sun up to sun down.

TOP ANNOUNCEMENT So let's start off with my BIG news...I decided to take a break from the Corporate World and become a Stay at Home Mom!  How did this come about you ask?  Well, it was not even on my radar as 2020 rolled in and as we are all well aware, BAM Corona Virus hit and we all ducked away in our homes.  I worked from home for a few weeks and things changed at work and I was furloughed.  So, I found myself staying home with my 3 wonderful children Richie (6), Leela Jane (5) and Willy the Silly Boy (3) and though it has been challenging, frustrating, daily I run out of patience...I LOVE IT!  The decision did not come easily as going from 2 incomes to one isn't just something that happens without a hitch.  There was a lot of discussion, budget planning and communication over the past 2 months to figure out if this will all work.  The good things is, decision like this aren't permanent.  I can change my mind and we will make it work, but for now this is me living in this moment.

THE NAME CHANGE  I spend a lot of time in my kitchen (actually I am sitting here right now) and it is my favorite room in the house.  It is the beating heart of this home and a lot of the posts you will see will be related to things that come from the kitchen.  I thought about beginning a new blog, but I didn't want to lose all that history of our infertility journey and everything leading up to where I am now.  So, you get a new name, a new look and all the history is still there.

CONTENT The direction of this blog's content will be snapshots of our day, hobbies and just our simple county life.  I enjoy gardening, line dried clothing, brewing my own kombucha, tending to my chickens, fitness,  preparing food, writing, coffee & being a Momma and Wife.

Tomorrow I am going to be transferring my second batch of kombucha to the F2 phase which is where I will add fruit and bottle.  Stay tuned!

- Momma G




No comments:

The Chickee La La's

It took us years of discussion to finally pull the trigger on being "Chicken People".  Let me tell you why, our dog Lady has Cock...