Friday, January 21, 2011

Buying Power!

I knew I could drag you into today's post with a cute picture of my dog Bosko!  Anyways, along with the topic of projects whether it is a renovation, gardening project, ect; a major consideration to think about is going to be bought.  So what I would like to know is, as a couple, how do you make your buying decisions??

Everyone has their own method to "the purchasing process".  For instance, Dick will do a ton of research and spend months looking things up online, going and looking at different products and then boring me to death with the details until I finally crack and say okay you can buy it.  On the other hand, I will do a little amount of research, ask for some referrals and then go and make a purchase.

Of course larger priced items require more discussion, so who is the one who makes the final decision?  I think this is different for every couple.  We dicuss every major decision, but ultimately I give the go ahead.  How does it work for you?

It is funny to me (you have probably heard this story before) that often times it is assumed that the husband is the one making the final decision.  When we began looking at our second apartment a few years back we had gone on a bunch of tours and they were all horrible.  Finally we found a decent place, clean, big, ect, but as we were taking the tour the manager was asking Dick all the questions and showing him around as if I was just along for the ride.  We had made it clear that we were both going to be living there.  Finally we were finishing up and he shook Dick's hand and walked away.  I bet you can guess whether we took that apartment or not.

Every couple has a different method to their buying process.  Can you just buy whatever you want without discussion?  Do you have a certain dollar limit that requires approval from both parties?  Do you make all the decisions? 

I'd be interested to know how other couples make their buying decisions.


Julie

No comments:

The Chickee La La's

It took us years of discussion to finally pull the trigger on being "Chicken People".  Let me tell you why, our dog Lady has Cock...