Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Winter Blues

 The snow is turning that gross brown color, one day just runs into the next, yes it is still dark at 5:00 PM, the roads are still slippery, the holidays are over and YES it is the time when many of us get the Winter Blues

I got home from work today (job #1) and had exactly 45 minutes before I needed to be at the gym (job #2).  I had to eat, walk the dog and change from my business apparel to my gym apparel.  I walked through the door, grabbed some food, got the dog's leash from the garage and walked in to find the minnow bucket (which of course was sitting in the middle of the kitchen...where else?!) had dumped all over the floor because the dog was so spastic that I was actually going to walk him had been jumping up and down and knocked it over.  With only 20 minutes to get him around the block and make it to work there was no time for cleaning up the small flood that had taken over the kitchen so I was out the door as time was ticking away.  I made it home with about 7 minutes to spare and notice the neighbor's (who lives a block away) puppy had followed us home.

I ran inside with 5 minutes to go and let both dogs in, made it through the flood in the kitchen, grabbed the puppy and threw him in my vehicle and zoomed over to the neighbors to drop him off.  I no sooner got there and they were also pulling into the driveway unaware that their puppy had been missing.  I got a funny look from the neighbor as I let the puppy out of the vehicle and the youngest daughter looks at me and says, "Ummm...excuse me!  Why did you steal my puppy?!?"

Ahhh yes, the winter blues are in full effect.  Thank goodness for things like the Packer's going to the Superbowl, $18,000 sales days, dark chocolate, Glee and Artificial Light Gardens!

Are you experiencing the winter blues?  How do you deal with it?

Julie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots & lots of beer!! (Guess who??)

Julie said...

That could be one of two people!

The Chickee La La's

It took us years of discussion to finally pull the trigger on being "Chicken People".  Let me tell you why, our dog Lady has Cock...