Monday, February 28, 2011

SO LONG, F-HAIR-WELL

So what is with the title?  You may have guessed, my good friend Laci and I are planning on donating over 20 inches (combined) of our hair to locks of love (http://www.locksoflove.org/) later this week.  This may not seem like too big of a deal, but for me...it is!  I have had long hair for many years, and I consider my BIG hair one of my "trademarks".

Locks of love helps disadvantaged children with long term medical hair loss by providing wigs.  I think it is a great cause and God has blessed me with LOTS of hair to give.  Sometimes we have to step outside of our comfort zone to help do good for others.  What other unique "causes" have you participated in to help those in need?

Feel free to post the link to your favorite charities or causes in the comments section.

Julie

No comments:

The Chickee La La's

It took us years of discussion to finally pull the trigger on being "Chicken People".  Let me tell you why, our dog Lady has Cock...