Friday, June 17, 2011

A Little Funny

You know those embarrassing moments when at the time they don't seem funny, but when you think back about them they really are.  I don't think I could make it through life if I didn't laugh at myself.  Somehow I manage to get myelf into some interesting situations. 

Last night Dick and I had our bible class and our Pastor asked us if we had ever experienced any miracles.  After thinking about it a few came to mind that I thought maybe that could have been, but I wasn't sure.  We went on to talk about how God has his angels watching over us at all times.  He again asked if we thought we had any experiences that we thought maybe we could tell God had sent his angels to protect us?  A few more experiences came to mind and I smiled and nooded.  Dick responded with, "I think my angels are all too busy watching over Julie... she is kind of a clutz."

I can't disagree with him or maybe it is just bad luck...no I guess I am just a clutz.  When I was a kid I always followed along with my older brother on the farm and one time he got sick of it so he decided to walk out by the cows and walk along the water trough.  Well I didn't keep my balance and I fell in.  Thankfully my dad got me out of there and I didn't get hurt.  A few years ago at work I was walking down the steps and my shoe fell off and I stepped on it and ended up falling down the stairs.  When asked if I was injured I had to tell them, "only my pride".  I can't forget I did get into a car accident with the "short bus."  A few days ago I was attacked by an angry red-winged blackbird when I was out walking my dogs and I walked under her nest.  When I was done screaming and being upset I realized...oh I guess she didn't actually hurt me.

With that being said I could probably come up with a lot of funny/embarrassing situations about myself, but I couldn't help posting this picture of my husband on our trip to Puerto Rico.  Yes this is at the airport.  Yes he did have a fillet knife packed in his carry on because he had used that same bag for a hunting trip a couple weeks before.  Yes he is quarentined.

Feel free to share your funny or embarrassing story in the comments!  Happy Friday!  I'm off to spend the weekend with the in-laws!

Julie

No comments:

The Chickee La La's

It took us years of discussion to finally pull the trigger on being "Chicken People".  Let me tell you why, our dog Lady has Cock...