Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I Feel Like a "Hot Mess"

No literally!  I just wanted to give a quick update on our treatments for this month.  I started taking 125 mg of Letrozole (Femara) CD 3-5 and last time I had taken this I was only taking 50 mg so the only side effects I noticed were just my mood swings.  Now I am noticing the HOT HOT HOT Flashes, acne and mood swings so I just feel like a total "Hot Mess"! 

The funny thing is I have been getting the hot flashes when I feel nervous or excited so the past few days have been pretty interesting.  The first one came when I went bowling with a couple of my friends, and the second showed up in the check out line at Pic'N Save (boy I get nervous when they are ringing up those coupons...LOL) and then a few in between.  The last one started up during (MOM stop reading here...LOL) what turned out to be not-so-romantic reunion when the hubby returned home from being away for the weekend (hey baby, I am sweating like a pig and my face looks like a 13 year old going through puberty...but you wanna wink, wink!)

So anyways, I am also getting ready to take a work/vacation trip to Vegas at the end of this month and going to fit the IUI in before we leave, as long as everything goes well.

I have an ultrasound (WHAT?! yes, they have you come in for an ultrasound to see how your follicles are growing and how many) this week and I am hoping this will give us a little more information on everything going on "in there".  Then the doc will let us know when to take the Ovidrel shot to hopefully spark ovulation and then back in for the IUI.  I can only imagine the party that will be going on in my uterus while we are in Vegas and then back home for the rest of the 2 week wait.  So hopefully what happens in Vegas...nestles in and starts to grow!  I plan on pep talking my eggs and encouraging them to let go and make bad decisions while on vacation!  LOL!


Julie

1 comment:

Amber said...

The dreaded hot flashes...at least you're doing this while it's cold outside. You'll be pregnant by spring so you won't have to put up with the summer hot flashes!
Keep me updated. Hoping for a great ultrasound for you!!
Don't forget, 2012 is our year!!
Sending you lots of positive thoughts and prayers.

The Chickee La La's

It took us years of discussion to finally pull the trigger on being "Chicken People".  Let me tell you why, our dog Lady has Cock...