Thursday, October 11, 2012

#8

This post is going to be focusing on #8 from my previous post because this is what I really want to focus on in October.  If you want this post to make sense go back and read my previous post.

#8.  You are doing the best you can in the situation you are in.  Keep exploring the things you love, don't act as if life is on pause because it isn't. 

This has been extremely important to me the past 3 years and often when others ask about how I deal with IF I bring this up.  Each new month brings a whole new series of doctors, testing, waiting, drugs...did I say waiting.  I hate that part the most.  At least the other things make you feel like you are accomplishing something, maybe getting closer to getting pregnant, maybe finding out new information, but the waiting is miserable.  Many times I would think, well if I can just get to this date or that date, if I can get through this month.  

This mind set is a great way to miss out on all the good things life has to offer.  Life isn't on pause. You start thinking, well maybe I'm not getting pregnant because I am exercising too much, or not enough, or maybe its my diet, maybe we aren't having enough sex, or too much...You start questioning and worrying about everything single thing you are doing.  It can start to feel as if life is on pause until the next treatment, the next doctors appointment, the next cycle, IF is all you think about...or all you write about in your blog. LOL.  

Infertility is so uncertain, and downright depressing but I'd like to use this post to focus on more positive things that I have done.

Here are a few things I have accomplished while waiting:

- run my first 1/2 marathon
- gone hunting for the first time/got my first deer
- learned how to sew
- learned to play the guitar
- celebrated 3 wedding anniversaries
- learned to love and enjoy cooking
- started doing my own canning (including my seriously delicious salsa)
- planted and grown my own garden each year
- began reading "for fun" again

I'd love to hear from YOU what kind of things have you accomplished while WAITING?

Julie

No comments:

The Chickee La La's

It took us years of discussion to finally pull the trigger on being "Chicken People".  Let me tell you why, our dog Lady has Cock...