Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Best Things in Life Aren't Things

I have a little sign in my kitchen that says exactly what the title says, "The Best Things in Life Aren't Things".   I often have to remind myself because I am somewhat of what my Mom always called me: A pack rat!  I am nowhere near a hoarder because I do hate clutter.  I love to shop, and while that is fine I don't enjoy giving things up.  I want to do it, but for some reason the act of actually doing it is difficult.  Most of the time I have to sit and force myself to pack things to give away and often times go back through and pull things back out. This has lead to holding on to WAY too much stuff that should have been "donated" long ago.  I often think, well what if this comes back into fashion, or I can use this for fabric on something else.  Sometimes I will get a second use out of something that reinforces this type of behavior.

I want to make a goal to go through and "clean" house to rid my closets of things that I no longer need!

This picture doesn't apply to the blog post, but isn't she cute! :)
Julie



No comments:

The Chickee La La's

It took us years of discussion to finally pull the trigger on being "Chicken People".  Let me tell you why, our dog Lady has Cock...