Thursday, December 13, 2012

Finally hoping for a NEGATIVE Result!

I completed phase 1 of prepping for IVF which was STD testing.  I was excited to finally have some tests that a negative outcome was what I wanted.  I seem to be very good at that!  Thankfully I could just go to my regular doctor here in town but unfortunately I was feeling kind of snippy (the poor nurse).  She went through the tests..."chlamydia, gonorrhea and HIV, okay so a cervical swipe and blood test".  I responded with...OH!  My two favorite things to do!  She just kind of looked at me and with a sad grin said, "so you've been at this awhile, eh?".  She was very sweet and actually made me feel better.

The Mr. has to go through some similar testing (not the cervical swipe) and then we have to take an IVF and injections class before we can get started.  I'm not sure with the holidays if we will get that done before or after the new year.  Speaking of the "holidays" right now they are uncertain for us.  We don't know if the Mr. will be working or not yet.  That will pretty much dictate what we are able to do, but I'm not too worried about it.

What is bothering me is that this will be the first Christmas without my Grandpa.  It will be difficult because Christmas was always kind of Grandpa's holiday.  He loved singing, "Silent Night" and his birthday is a few days before Christmas.  It just won't be the same without him.  The family has decided to really make this Christmas special and make the focus on Grandma.  Each family member is going to give her an ornament with our names and tell a story of a favorite memory of spending time with her.  This year I will also get to bring along my guitar and play since I have been practicing Christmas music the past few months and my family LOVES to sing!  I know Grandpa will be smiling down from heaven!

Alright I need to end on a silly note so I need to bring this back from last year for any new followers.  Enjoy!

Julie

No comments:

The Chickee La La's

It took us years of discussion to finally pull the trigger on being "Chicken People".  Let me tell you why, our dog Lady has Cock...