Sunday, March 3, 2013

Medicated CD7 - Party On My Ovaries

Today's song of the day: Parking Lot Party!  Only because I feel like there is a party going on on my ovaries!  I'd like to picture all those follicles tailgating.  LOL!

What do you think?

I think that is my left ovary.  See all those shadows?  Those are my follies!  You can't see all of them, but I had 22 on my left and 23 on my right.  No screwing around here!  My lining looks great according to the doctor and he said, in fact if there was a gold metal for growing lining and follicles I would win it.  My estradiol was at 880.4 and progesterone at .55 (should be under 1) so everything is looking really good!  I couldn't be happier!

Next steps: stopping Menopur and upping follistim to 175.  Each morning I also need to start giving myself Ganirelix which will basically suppress my ovaries and keeping them from ovulating before we are ready.  Then my next appointment will be on Wednesday for another U/S and blood draw.  There is a large bruise forming on my arm and two on my belly from the injection sites and blood draws.  However, I am still feeling really good!  In fact, this was me yesterday (in pink):

I went cross country skiing for the first time in a very long time.  It was so much fun.  My legs and upper body are a little sore today, but other than that I hope I will be able to go again before the end of the snow.

Other big news...I've made a decision on the job offer and will be doing outside sales!  I will give my notice mid-March and begin April 1st.  I'm guessing I'll have to use COBRA in the meantime, but it will all be worth it!  I was talking to Dick about baby names on the way to our appointment this morning.  I have a boy and a girl name.  I guess I better start coming up with two of each just in case!  Okay...lots of optimism in the air and getting so close!

Julie

1 comment:

Unknown said...

All i can say is awesome!!! On all fronts.

The Chickee La La's

It took us years of discussion to finally pull the trigger on being "Chicken People".  Let me tell you why, our dog Lady has Cock...