Sunday, April 14, 2013

6 Weeks, 6 Days

Ahhhhh...we are so close.  Tomorrow is another big day, ultrasound day!  Nausea has kicked in full gear and continues to be on and off all day.  It really hits me when I start to feel hungry or about 1/2 an hour after I eat.  You know what the leaves?  Me mostly feeling good when I am eating which could be a problem.  I am definitely noticing a change in the distribution in the weight of my body.  Mainly my boobs and my belly.  That isn't real surprising I guess.  I really haven't gained much weight though which I guess is good I'm just getting larger in those areas.  Still doing my 2x daily shots.  We had a make a makeshift "sharps" container:

Thank you Folders.  Last week I spent all week in Des Moine training for work and I am off and running this week.  I have a few appointments set up and I am extremely nervous and excited.  I just hope I don't puke on anyone.  I plan to ask my doctor if there is something I can take to reduce the nausea.

A huge thank you to my sister-in-law who has passed along a large tote of maternity clothes.  It will save me a ton of money and I am so thankful!!  I also tried my first attempt at making some of my own maternity clothing.  I got a pattern at the Sewing Expo last weekend and made it a bit bigger and I think it will be perfect:
You can also see I have started wearing Sea Bands which are supposed to help with nausea.  I'm not 100% sure how effective they are, but they can't hurt.  I have a few other ideas in mind for other maternity clothing projects!  I may not be able to update tomorrow since we want to share with our families, but I should have the results up this week of our ultrasound!

Julie

No comments:

The Chickee La La's

It took us years of discussion to finally pull the trigger on being "Chicken People".  Let me tell you why, our dog Lady has Cock...