Monday, June 24, 2013

17 Weeks

Happy dreary Monday everyone.  As I sit here I am debating whether I should be writing this or running to the pharmacy ... or bathroom.  I ran out of Zofran as of yesterday and I was supposed to go pick it up yesterday.  I forgot.  I'm kind of trying to see how the morning goes, but already it is starting to not feel so promising. 

Anyways, here we are ... week 17!  I can't believe it.  We had a nice weekend visiting the in-laws, but somehow being away from home gave me the itch to "get nesting".  So as soon as we got home I went to work cleaning.  We have a big task because remember weeks ago when I was so tired I couldn't clean.  Well apparently so was the Mr. because nothing got done.  Well I was cleaning away when the vacuum starting acting up and wasn't working properly.  Dick checked it out and I was right, the suction was poor.  So he pulled it apart and couldn't figure out how to fix it.  We decided this was the perfect opportunity to get a new one.  We have had that less than below average vacuum since we have been together, actually he had it long before and it got the job done...or so we thought. 

Being in the mood that I was in I couldn't hold myself back from running off to the store to scope out a new one.  Having a wonderful recommendation from my sister-in-law had me set on the brand I was going to buy.  A SHARK!  Well I found the one (that was on sale) and I had 30% off so I got it. 
Since I had just finished vacuuming it was the perfect opportunity to do the before and after test with the new one!  So here are the results:
This was after vacuuming just the area (one room and a rug) that had already been vacuumed.  Gross!!!  What an odd blessing in disguise.  With two dogs it has always been difficult to keep the carpet clean and knowing that this much extra filth was sitting in our carpet at all times makes me so happy we got this figured out before we have a baby crawling around on them.  This morning I finished the hall and other two rooms and the dirt pile was 3x as big.  I was never a big believer that different vacuums would make much of a difference.  I'm converted!  With the discount and sale price I picked up this bad boy for just around $140.  Well worth the investment!

Next topic, ...the time my Grandma was explaining our IVF.  Ohhhh Grandma...I went for a visit this week and she has been moved into an assisted living facility.  She was introducing me to her roommate (which ended up being a surprise that it was her maid of honor from her wedding and best friend...how cool right right?) and she was explaining to her that I was pregnant, but went on to explain. "Julie got pregnant because she had an implant put in....AND IT TOOK!"  My mom looked at me in horror and I just kind of shook my head.  Later I asked my Mom to explain to Grandma she can tell whoever she wants that I am pregnant, but maybe to just leave it at that.  Oh well, she is excited!

Anyways, I decided to do my picture today which is my work from home so you get to see me in all my no-make up, hair a-mess glory:
Julie

No comments:

The Chickee La La's

It took us years of discussion to finally pull the trigger on being "Chicken People".  Let me tell you why, our dog Lady has Cock...