Thursday, August 15, 2013

Oh Baby! 3D Ultrasound...

Yesterday I got to go in for a 3D/4D ultrasound through a volunteer program with GE Healthcare.  I was hoping to have more photos, but many of the u/s images were actually 4D video and I wasn't able to crop my information out of those in order to share online.  Anyways, it was extremely awesome!  At first it was so cute because we were trying to get a profile picture of the baby and he/she kept covering their face with their little hands.  Eventually we go to see it though and I am in LOVE!!!


I know it is still a little creepy looking, but just seeing the little nose and lips and fingers was amazing.  Baby did a lot of moving around and the technology and imagery those machines had was incredible.  Some of the bubbles you see in there is actually the umbilical cord.  They spent a lot of time looking at the heart (because that is what these particular U/S techs were interested in looking at, not because there is anything wrong) and the amount of detail they were looking for was amazing.  The tech kept saying, here you can see blah blah valve.  Do you know how small a babies heart valve must be and they can see it on this scan!??!

Today I had my OB apt and everything is going well.  Heart rate was around 140 and my fundal height was around 25" which is right around where it should be.  Fundal height is basically the height of your belly measuring from right above your pubic bone to the top of your uterus.  It is supposed to line up with how many weeks you are along.  My blood pressure was nice and low 98/59 or some crazy number like that.  I still get nauseous and take my Zofran and a little bit of heartburn has started kicking in.  Other than that and the normal pregnancy aches and pains things are going really well!  This week I also found a baby swing on craigslist for $35 which is in great condition ($150+ new).

Next month I get to look forward to the glucose challenge test that they see how your body responds to sugar to check for gestational diabetes.  Feeling so blessed that thus far a healthy little baby is growing in there!

Julie

1 comment:

Crabby Sunflower said...

Technology is amazing! I love that you can see those small details before even meeting him/her (also, I love that you don't know the sex). It makes it more fun to think about names and personality. Your tiny human will be here soon & you'll get to see what kind of personality he or she has!

The Chickee La La's

It took us years of discussion to finally pull the trigger on being "Chicken People".  Let me tell you why, our dog Lady has Cock...