Tuesday, December 17, 2013

2 Weeks

We've made it to 2 weeks!  What a blur things have been of feedings, poopy diapers and trying to get sleep in whenever.  This is being a Mommy!  Things have been going pretty well for the most part.  He is feeding every 2-3 hours and he is overall a very happy alert boy.  I had a little shock yesterday at his 2 week check up come to find out he hasn't gained more than an oz in the past 8 days.  I wasn't sure what to think since he should be well above his birth weight by now and he is still under.  He feeds regularly and I'm not sure why he isn't gaining.  So I have to have a follow up with the lactation consultant (Bev) on Thursday.  We introduced a bottle yesterday to feed him with what I am pumping in between feedings.  He is great with the bottle and I am sure his weight will be up by Thursday.  He is downing 2 oz after feeding off of both sides.

I'm going to be honest it was a very rough day yesterday.  It is hard to hear your one job (feeding your baby) and you are pretty much failing.  I cried, a lot, but now see I was just doing the best I could.  So I continue feeding and pumping and giving him the bottle and know that we will get through this and he will gain weight.
Official stats from this appointment:
Weight 8 pounds 10 oz - 55%
Length 22" - 56%
Head Circ 37.5" 58%

Here are a couple pictures:

Cheering on the Packer's!

Alert!

Asleep!

Hanging out listening to Mom play guitar.
As for me, I'm starting to feel like things below are healing.  I don't feel like I need to take pain medication as frequently anymore.  I haven't weighed myself in awhile, but as of last week I had already lost 27 pounds!  I wish I could take him out for a walk in the stroller, but since it is the middle of winter and often times below 0 that isn't going to happen any time soon.  Next week is Christmas and things will be busy, but I think it will be nice to get out of the house again.  Happy Holidays!

Julie

No comments:

The Chickee La La's

It took us years of discussion to finally pull the trigger on being "Chicken People".  Let me tell you why, our dog Lady has Cock...