Tuesday, February 11, 2014

10 Weeks - Where are you Spring?

We've made it to 10 weeks!  I can't believe how quickly my baby is growing!  I updated his stats in the last post, but he is over 12 pounds and 24" long.  We've begun to adapt to our new work schedule.  I miss him during the day, but feel like the time I spend with him is much more quality time.  It is often a very short time he is awake because he has been falling asleep between 7-8 and since he isn't home until around 5 it doesn't seem like enough.

We spent the weekend alone since Daddy went off for a much needed "Man Weekend" and I snapped this photo when I brought him home Friday.
 
I decided I could finally see a little bit of myself looking back at me and I love it!  I also have to share a picture of him stretching and looking "SO BIG"!  He looks like such a little man.
As stated in my goals I am doing my best to enjoy each and every single day with him (good days and bad days).  We don't really have a lot of what can be considered bad days because he is a pretty content baby.
 
Another thing that I have been working on the past few weeks is losing some of that pregnancy weight.  I'm going to be honest that I gained 55+ pounds.  I was so afraid to do anything that might hurt the pregnancy that I stopped exercising very early on and while I don't regret that, I have a lot of work to do!  Right off the bat I lost 30 pounds in the first few weeks.  I thought...hey! no big deal this will just melt away, but that was not the case.  I just kind of got stuck there for a few weeks.  I've added in healthier eating and exercise and have dropped another 7 and have minimum 19 pounds more that I would like to lose to hit my goal in June.  I plan to do this through consistent cardio workouts and healthy eating/portion control.  I have to be careful since I am still nursing to not cut out too many calories so I will need to be very conscious of how I go about this.  I feel like there is such a fine line on where I place my focus right now.  I have to take time away with Richard to work out, but in the long run I want to be a healthy Mommy that can keep up with him.  It is a hard balance and being a working Mom.  I dream of the days of summer that he can come along with me in his stroller and I won't feel quite so guilty.  The good thing right now though is since he falls asleep an hour or so after he is home I can leave him with Daddy while he is taking a nap and hit the gym for 30 minutes which is about all I can handle right now anyways.
 
That is the update.  We are still experiencing below zero temperatures almost daily, but have forecasted a little bit of a 'warm up' 20-30's by the end of this week.  Can't come soon enough!
 
Julie

No comments:

The Chickee La La's

It took us years of discussion to finally pull the trigger on being "Chicken People".  Let me tell you why, our dog Lady has Cock...