Tuesday, February 25, 2014

12 Weeks

So once again I survived a full week back at home.  I'm still on the job hunt and am not having a ton of luck just yet.  It seems once you get through the full overview you are at the mercy of new listings or you are kind of stuck.  Right now I feel stuck!  It is a little bit of a blow to the ego not getting a ton of response from jobs that I've applied to, but as I remember from my last search it seems to come in waves.  I hope that is the case once again.

We are working on finding a groove here at home with baby and I think we're headed in the right direction.  He wakes almost every day between 6:00 - 7:00 and is up for the day, he eats, we play a little and I get myself ready as much as needed depending on what we are doing for the day and then by about 8:30 - 9:00 he's ready to nap and that is how our day goes, eat, play, nap...until about 8:30-9 PM we've been trying to put him down for the night in his crib.  I've been letting him cry a little bit and it seems to be working!!!  I'm hoping to cut out a few of the wake ups that he has just been wanting his nook back in his mouth, but at least he isn't needing to eat every wake up.

As he sleeps/naps he is still in his swaddle and cries if he is not.  I've been much more prone to nurse him rather than pump and bottle feed like I had been for the first 2 months because I know now that he is doing a much better job eating and I'm not worried that he isn't gaining weight.  He now wears 6 MONTH!  I laugh at my pregnant self as I was picking out clothing thinking...hmmm 6 months - that will be June!  Not so much!  I was excited to pull out all the 6M clothes we have a ton of cute outfits!

Last week Friday I took him to visit my Dr. at the fertility clinic we went to in order to conceive him.  My doctor was thrilled to get to meet him and he gave her big smiles.  I almost cried!!!  It was just one of those heart warming moments that brought back a flood of memories of everything we went through and survived!  We also went to visit Daddy at work and it was a little too much for one day because Richard was hungry and tired.  So after a bit we headed home.

Sunday brought what I believe was the end of a growth spurt.  He was fussy and wanting to eat every hour and a half.  Dick had to work so I had no breaks and no naps.  Richard and I spent part of the evening just crying together...but he finally wiped himself out enough to sleep the majority of the night much to my relief!

Time for me to head to bed because I'm sure I'll be back up in a few hours!  Here are a few pictures this week:


1 comment:

Amber said...

He is so beautiful Julie! Staying home full time is certainly not easy, but it sounds like you have a good schedule going. If you ever need to vent, I'm available!! I hope the job search goes well. It can be such a discouraging process...hang in there!