Monday, April 7, 2014

And We're Rolling...

It happened today...I went to check on Richard in his crib and he was belly down.  I figured it was coming since he has been turning to his side for awhile now and it was just a matter of time.  It is such a funny thing to watch.  He gets turned to the side and then arches his back before turning over and slowly getting his arm unstuck!

The only problem is he is so busy rolling that he hasn't found time to nap and he is cranky!  I'm thinking it will pass and he will finally wear himself out or settle one way or another.  He has now rolled 6 times today...and we're rolling!  We also had nice weather the past couple of days and got to go on walks!  We found some time to be silly too!  It kind of looks like he is taking a selfie :)
This past week I had mentioned he had his four month check up and it ended up getting rescheduled to next week so we'll have to wait on his stats.  I was annoyed since the receptionist sounded like SHE was extremely inconvenienced.  Ummmm sorry Lady that I lost my job and therefore lost my number and dragged my tired cranky baby in here during his nap time only to be told I needed to reschedule.  It must have been really difficult for her.

I'm excited about the possibility of starting him on some foods!  I've been reading books and watching videos and we can't wait to bust our the "baby bullet".  I guess there is no big rush though.  However, breast feeding has become more of a challenge not only because the little stinker has been pinching me, but he is also getting so distracted.  Gone are the days of him latching on and me having to stop him when there is no possible way he is still getting milk.  Now he stops when he isn't getting enough, stops for noises, stops and smiles at me and any other little distraction.  Sometimes I will just pump and bottle feed to make sure he is getting enough.

Here is another cute picture from this past week.  I like to call this #hangininmydipe
This week I have another interview and am chugging away at the job search.  I also have an interview set up for next week.  I thought the one I had 3 interviews would result in a job offer, but I found out today it will not.  I guess at least the weather is getting nicer and makes staying home a lot more fun.  Tonight I am headed off to Zumba class!

Last topic:  (I promise) Saturday marked 6 months since Dad's passing.  I realized a few days ago that I have been really slacking on getting my indoor garden started.  I didn't think of this before, but in the past my Dad and I had always competed with our gardening.  Who had the seeds planted first, who had the first plants come up, who was eating the first radish.  I sigh every time I think about it.  I guess there is more to it than just procrastination.  Hopefully a few more nice days and I will get my zest for gardening back.  I noticed today the daffodils and tulips are starting to peek through!

Well I'm off to shake my booty at Zumba!

Julie

No comments:

The Chickee La La's

It took us years of discussion to finally pull the trigger on being "Chicken People".  Let me tell you why, our dog Lady has Cock...