Thursday, July 23, 2015

I need to stop beating myself up

So here it is... My post about my post baby body.  I am going to be honest I gained over 50 pounds with each of my kids.  Just as I had lost the 55 pounds I gained the first time around I found myself pregnant again.  Last time I found motivation quickly to run and eat healthy and lose weight quickly.  This time I dropped 30 pounds in the first week and here I am stuck with 20 extra pounds.  I have no motivation to run or eat healthy.  I need to remind myself it has only been over 10 weeks ... Seriously what this body has done in less than 2 years is completely amazing.  I need to remember that I am providing the source of food for my little girl and that I am going to eat more than normal and that's okay.  I need to remember that I'm not 22 anymore, I'm 31 and these things take time.  I need to remember that my children and husband love me for who I am and they don't care my tummy isn't flat, my hips have gotten wide and curvy and the scar from my c-section allows my tummy to spill over.  I will eventually lose the weight, I will continue to regain my fitness and I will feel good about my body again.  In the meantime I am going to love this body...my body.

Julie

1 comment:

K Zoellick said...

Not sure why I decided to peek at your blog tonight of all days but thank you for this. It was perfect timing and perfect reminder to be kind to ourselves. I was struggling to find something that fit nicely today for work and was beating myself up. My body isn't what I remember anymore but two gorgeous boys make it completely worthwhile.