Monday, January 31, 2011

Bucket List



 Omro, WI October 2006
  Do you have a bucket list?  This weekend I watched the DVD of the time I went skydiving several years ago and it reminded me of a list I had made over 5 years ago.  I called it my goal list, but many call it a bucket list.  A list of things you want to do in your lifetime.  I haven't thought about this list in a long time and watching my skydiving dvd reminded me of the things I wanted to do that I haven't done and the things I have accomplished.

Geelong, Australia February 2005
 One of my goals very early on was to study abroad in Australia.  This was one of the most amazing experiences of my life.  I stayed for 5 months and living on my own thousands of miles away from family and friends really helped me "find myself".  I didn't know anybody when I went, but came home with some of the best friends that I still keep in contact with today.  It was also an experience to be in a foreign country with no cell phone, no vehicle and it really tested me emotionally.  I came out a stronger person and I wouldn't change the experience I had and would strongly recommend it to every one.


Rome, Italy April 2008

Traveling is one of my favorite things to do and it was always a dream of mine to visit one of the most historic places in the world, Italy.  I traveled with 3 other companions and walking downtown Rome just took my breath away.  Every turn has a different statue, cathedral, or historic site that leaves you in complete awe.  The cultural differences also have such a neat way of making you feel like you are in a different world.  Spending an afternoon sitting across from the Colosseum, riding in a gondola in Venice and viewing the Sistine Chapel were probably the most memorable moments.


Alaska May 2010



I got another check mark on my list on my honeymoon to Alaska.  My goal was to go deep sea fishing.  Even though I didn't actually catch that fish, the experience was amazing.  I grew up hearing stories about my Dad's experiences while he lived up in Alaska working on the pipeline.  Ever since then I have always wanted to go up and go deep sea fishing.  We also got to go whale watching and see glaciers.  Something I will never forget.




I still have goals I want to accomplish, but it is also fun to review the ones you have made reality!  I also think it is important to re-evalute your goals and see which ones need to be changed, added or removed. 

Do you have a bucket list?  What types of things are on your list?  How do you make sure that you achieve those goals?

Julie

No comments:

The Chickee La La's

It took us years of discussion to finally pull the trigger on being "Chicken People".  Let me tell you why, our dog Lady has Cock...