Thursday, March 29, 2012

Positive New Outlook 75% of the Time

Of course I am not going to lie and say that I feel 100% completely better!  However, over the past couple of days I have belt a positive new outlook on our situation about 75% of the time.  (Our situation has not changed)  I think before it may have been more like 25% of the time so this is a good change.  I have been doing quite a bit of reading and came across a book called Hannah's Hope by Jennifer Saake and it puts an interesting spin on Hannah from the bible's story about her journey to becoming the mother of Samuel along with the author's own struggle to become a mother. 

It is a good reminder that God is in charge of our lives and we can put our hope in His plan.  It also is a good reminder that it is okay to be upset and okay to be sad at times, but then we need to pick ourselves up and trust in God to take care of us.

This is a great book for people dealing with IF and also friends and family of those dealing with it as well.  It gives good insight for others as to what the thoughts and feelings we are having and good ways to help us cope.  Anyways, reading this book along with the balancing effects of the acupuncture have helped put me in a better place.

We go in for our CD16 ultrasound on Saturday.  We are hoping for a good result of at least two follicles over 18, but one would also be okay.  If all goes well we will get the go ahead to take the ovidrel to trigger ovulation and prepare for the IUI after that.  So a lot of "action" over the new few days followed by another two week wait.

Mr. Hubby and I have decided on taking a break after this month and only continuing with acupuncture if this month doesn't work out.  The perscription that I am on is totally throwing my body of balance and I think it will be good to take a little rest from the additional hormonal stress the medication puts me through.  I'm hoping we won't even need to think about that because we will get good results this month, but it would be naive to not plan forward.  Thank you again to everyone who has been keeping us in your prayers and I will keep you posted on how everything goes on Saturday.

Julie

1 comment:

The Chickee La La's

It took us years of discussion to finally pull the trigger on being "Chicken People".  Let me tell you why, our dog Lady has Cock...