Monday, January 14, 2013

Next Up: IVF Planning and Injection Class

I wanted to share this post with are wider audience which is why I plan to link it to my facebook friends.  Some of you might know me, but have no clue that any of this was going on in my life.  We have currently been at TTC (trying to conceive) game for 40 months (over 3 years and 3 months) it has been a hard and miserable road.  Over the next couple of weeks we are going to be undergoing IVF (In-Vitro Fertilization).

My goal with sharing this to a wider audience is not to specifically highlight my story, but to spread awareness about infertility.  Therefore if you want to follow my story you will need to sign up for my blog to get alerts or bookmark this page, I won't be sharing future posts on facebook.  Going through this myself has opened me up to an entire world I never knew existed and would have known nothing about had we gotten pregnant the old fashioned way (sex).  However, for some reason hardly anybody talks about it.  There is nothing to be ashamed of, but many couples choose to keep it quiet.  That is okay too.  I choose to speak out so that maybe one other couple out there doesn't feel like they are alone even if I never hear from them.  The truth is I HAVE heard from many of you and I admire you all for your strength and courage.  Stay strong!

Man oh man I wish I was going to one of those birthing/breathing/breast feeding classes at the hospital tomorrow rather than an injection class  (a class that they teach you to mix the medications preparing for IVF correctly and then have your partner inject them into your butt-cheek a place where you have a little extra "skin".

Tomorrow I will be going to the doctor to get my IVF "treatment plan".  A lot of friends and family have asked me to keep them in the loop on what is all going to happen during IVF.  Below I have linked to a step by step listing of how and when everything will happen.  This way I can share my personal feelings/experiences rather than explaining each step every time.  I will refer back to this link in the future.

This is directly from my Fertility Clinic's website:

At this point, after countless pokes, prods and testing there is nothing wrong (that we know of) with either of us other than some very mild endometriosis on my part (which I had removed this past September).  In fact we are by far well above average in count and numbers with all the testing we have done and have been told we would make fabulous donors.  So the time has finally come, we plan on doing IVF once and if needed a FET (if needed and if possible).  IVF is not guaranteed.   The outcome however will take us to the fork in the road, one path is on to parenthood and if failed the other takes us a new direction.  We will not be pursuing additional fertility treatment after this is all said and done.  (Unless we magically come into a large unexpected sum of cash.)

Last but not least I wanted to let you know about a special guest blogger I have coming up soon.  She has been with me through much of the heartbreak and sadness with me without ever actually experiencing infertility first hand.  She is going to be offering her story of balancing on the fertility-infertility line and what that experience has been like.  As always, stay tuned!

Julie

4 comments:

Mom said...

Julie,I want you to know that whatever the outcome,I am so proud of you! I will continue to keep you in my prayers! I love you!

Mom

Julie said...

Awww thanks Mom! I would cry if I wasn't on happy pills :)

Unknown said...

Thinking of you Julie!! Hang in there and stay the positive, beautiful person you are!!
Stacey Schwerdtfeger

Amber said...

I hope the meeting goes well tomorrow!! I am here if you need anything. This is a huge step you are taking and it's scary bc nothing is guaranteed. Trust in yourself and your clinic and keep hope strong. I'm very hopeful this will provide answers to your prayers. Good luck tomorrow!!!

The Chickee La La's

It took us years of discussion to finally pull the trigger on being "Chicken People".  Let me tell you why, our dog Lady has Cock...