Monday, April 29, 2013

9 Weeks

Wow!  I am 9 weeks.  I'm not going to go into all the, "my baby is the size of a..." but I am going to tell you I am starting to feel better.  Now whether it was the weather placebo effect, or my body actually just starting to adjust to this pregnancy I don't really care either way.  The main thing is I'm not constantly feeling sick or constantly feeling tired.  Now don't get me wrong I still feel these things, but I also get hours of relief and that is just what I needed.  (I don't remember if I mentioned this, but my doctor put me on an anti-nausea called Zofran, if you haven't heard of it, write it down and ask for it.  It is a life saver.)

I have been able to get out and do a lot of walking and I love it.  I'm not really up for jogging or running since my rumpus is really bruised yet from the PIO so any little jiggle has me yelling ouch!  That is coming to an end though soon too!  Actually only 14 - 1/2 more days worth!  2 weeks!  Question for those who have done PIO - parts of my butt cheek are completely numb, does that go away?

My fitted clothes are getting tight!  I'm not showing per say, but if I was to wear a fitted shirt one would think, oh my has Julie been packing on the pounds.  I have been staying off the scale so I have no idea yet how many pounds I have gained.

Another milestone: I went to my first baby shower in a long time!!  It was amazing to be able to go and not think twice about it.  Even more importantly I got to see good friends who I haven't seen in awhile.  A quick slap of realization hit me when we were saying our farewells and discussing our next meeting and my friend said, OH we will hopefully see you in later December and I can see your bump.  I kind of smiled, but then the wheels got turning and I remembered, holy crap, I will have a baby by then.  My friends all laughed at me as they saw my facial expressions change to sort of a shock! 

Anyways, things are starting to feel much better and I guess I am looking forward to looking a little more "pregnant" and not just chubby.

Julie

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Julie I'm so happy for you!! Congratulations my love!!! HUGS to you!!! so exciting...

The Chickee La La's

It took us years of discussion to finally pull the trigger on being "Chicken People".  Let me tell you why, our dog Lady has Cock...