Tuesday, June 11, 2013

15 Weeks

Yesterday marked 15 weeks!  I have a feeling with how busy it is going to be this summer the next few months are going to fly by.  Today I have my check up with the OB.  I'm hoping I might get another U/S since the Mr. couldn't make my last appointment and she mentioned she might do a quick one so he can see the baby.

I have been feeling really great!  I'm still on Zofran and need to be after doing a trial day without, but it is working and I will wait probably another week to try without it again.   This past week I thought I might have felt a little "something".  We were at our bean bag league last Thursday night and I was standing for awhile leaning on one leg and shifted to the other I felt a little flick right where my uterus would be.  I know that it would be really early to feel something and I haven't felt anything since but whether gas or baby movement I felt it and it made me happy!

This weekend I went to visit in Chicago!!!  My friend flew in from PA and the other lives in Chicago.  We had a great time.  Between eating fabulous meals and desserts I think I may have gained 50 pounds.  (I guess I will find out at the OB..eeeks!)  It was a little different than normal trips, I had to take it a little easier and took a few naps, but overall I was feeling so great that it didn't bother me.

Here is what we did:

Friday I picked Colleen up at the airport and we arrived mid-afternoon.  Our hostess Keely let us know there was a new place that just had opened up Parson's Fish and Chicken and that was where we were going to go for dinner.  The girls had "boozie slushies" and I held one up for show.

Next, we did some wondering around and stopped in at the most fancy Walgreens I have ever been to.  Apparently it had been converted from an old bank.  We found some yellow nail polish to help us with our theme color we had picked for the weekend.  YELLOW!
Saturday: We planned to dress in maxi dresses and accessorize with the color yellow!  We headed to a neighborhood festival called Bellwhether and had a lot of fun walking through the craft tents and what else but having snacks!


That afternoon we came back and decided to stop at a rooftop bar that we had stopped at on our last trip to Chicago Gene's Rooftop.  Here is an overview and in the mustard colored sweater you can see Keely's fiancé Derek.  He was onboard with the color theme too!
 The girls enjoyed this fun grapefruit flavored beer and I had a lemonade.  I thought the can was cool!

Next we headed to Garcia's which was just a couple buildings down for dinner and Sangria.  The girls had to have 2 each.  One for me and one "for the baby".  After we headed back to relax for a bit and then headed out one more time to a bar called Ricochet's.  We watched a little bit of the hockey game that was going on and I enjoyed listening to the "post-sangria" conversations.
 Sunday we decided to head out to brunch to a place called Gather.  I guess I didn't get any photo's here, but I had a delicious soup called Ramen that included homemade noodles, beef broth, an egg, pork, jalapenos and radish.  It was a pretty unusual brunch item for me, but I liked it!

In the afternoon the girls decided I needed a mocktail!  So while I napped the girls headed to the store to pick up things for dinner and mocktails.  Don't they look beautiful?  While Derek cooked us chicken and asparagus on the grill we played rummy as we drank our mocktails.  That night we stayed in and watched the movie DJANGO.  I myself had to look away quite a few times in order to prevent myself from vomiting from some of the violence, but overall it was just kind of an odd movie.  At least there was some male nudity :).
 Monday was my final day.  We woke up and our hostess made us some wonderful French Toast for breakfast.  Then we headed off to the train to go to the Lincoln Park Zoo and have a picnic.  It was fairly cloudy, but the weather was so nice.
 This was a neat photo I got of the Lion while walking through the zoo!
 I guess I cannot fail to mention our stop at a Doughnut place in honor of (national doughnut day ---3 days late) called Glazed and Infused.    I was so full I ended up eating mine on the drive home and the samples we had shared with each other.  Can you see why I think I gained 50 pounds?! 
It was so worth it and we had an absolute blast!  We couldn't leave without starting to plan our next adventure which is going to be a little more difficult in the future planning around having a baby!  I'm sure it will work out though because it always does!
I will also try and update later today with baby's stats from todays appointment and not to get your hopes up, but I will try and get a video if they do ultrasound!
Update: No Ultrasound until 20 weeks, but did get to hear the heartbeat at 155bpm! 
Belly update:

1 comment:

Ms DanL said...

Was bummed to have missed you on your visit but glad you ladies got to see some of the lesser known treasures, like that amazing Walgreens! ;) Hope you had fun!