Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Hope Was All We Had - A Poem

For those of you who have followed our story you may remember I like to write poems!  I was thinking of the poem I wrote over a year ago to our "someday baby".  Read it here.  Sorry if that made you cry, I always do when I read it. 

Now that we are so close I thought it was appropriate to write another happier poem!  Here goes:

Hope Was All We Had

There was a time when hope was all we had.
Each month we kept fighting, even when it got bad.

Through the tears and the pain we still dreamed of you.
Praying each day that our dreams would come true.

So much time passed, it seemed too long,
But through it all our faith became strong.

We got the news, you were on your way,
still nervous and scared not sure if you'd stay.

So excited now, we want to meet you so badly,
Proud that we will be known as your Mommy and Daddy.

When we think about you,
We're certain all of our dreams are coming true.

~Julie

No comments:

The Chickee La La's

It took us years of discussion to finally pull the trigger on being "Chicken People".  Let me tell you why, our dog Lady has Cock...